On February 25th 2011, the Turkish legislature passed law number 6111, requiring all international students, at public or private institutions of higher education, to be insured by the Social Insurance Institution (Sosyal Sigortalar Kurumu) of the Republic of Turkey.There are Social Security agreements between Turkey and some European countries. Please click the following link to see if your home country has a Social Security agrement with Turkey: Bilateral agreements
There are two possibilities
1) If there is an Social Security agreement between your home country and Turkey: Please go to your national Social Security Office and ask for the form certifying your coverage. It has to be issued in your country and sealed and stamped. This document will be valid for residence permit and will let you have medical treatment at Turkish state hospitals.
Please check the list of Social Security agreements below:
- Germany: T/A 11
- Austria: TR/A 3
- The Netherlands: N/TUR 111
- Belgium: B.T 8
- Romania: R/TR 3
- Macedonia: MC/TR 4
- Luxembourg: L/TR 3
- Czech Republic: CZ/TR 111
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: BH/TR 4
- Serbia: SRB/TR 111
- Croatia: HR/TR 3
2) If your country does not have a Social Security agreement : In this case, you have to provide a private health insurance. Best option is to buy one in Turkey so that it meets the legal requirements asked for the residence permit . You cannot stay in Turkey without a residence permit !
Our team will help you. Please contact us.
The COVID-19 pandemic affecting all the world has unfortunately forced us to complete all of our academic activities via online education.
We are working diligently to plan for the Fall 2020 educational and academic activities under the pandemic conditions.
Therefore, unless a completely different decision is taken by the government officials regarding the education institutions in the country, we have decided to restrict face to face education and will implement it only under certain circumstances that absolutely require face-to-face interaction.
We will provide you shortly with an update as to which classes will be held online and which face to face. We will bring forward the registration period so that you can have sufficient time to decide on your workload and to make plans for your online or face-to-face courses.